Thread: Nutrition To Make Papillon Ears Stand Up

Nutrition To Make Papillon Ears Stand Up

A common question is "How do I get my pap's ears to stand up? What can I give her?" so I have compiled a very short article about some things you can do.

1. Solid Gold Seameal
    2. Calcium Supplement (be aware though that you do need to have the proper balance of calcium and phosphorus, I've read the ratio for Papillons is 1:2 to 1). Cottage Cheese is a good way of getting calcium.
    3. I have read (do not know if it works) that a clovite supplement will also help the ears

Some people "tape" their dog's ears up if they won't go up on their own. I personally would not like to choose this method for myself, but if you would like to do it, just do a google search for "Taping Papillon (or German Shepherds since they commonly have this problem) Ears".

Usually, if the ears are/were up at some point, they will eventually, permanently stay up. Some pap's ears will never be raised, these are called phalenes. And, some papillons can have tipped ears like shelties. Others can have one ear up and one ear down.

I hope this helps!

ZoeyPuppy

Re: Nutrition To Make Papillon Ears Stand Up

Zoey, beautiful thread, this is definitely something that is a popular question! I actually made another post similar to this in the puppy section. Yours is awesome and I'm going to merge mine in with yours. Thank you for taking the time to write this up and contribute .
    Papvilion Papillon Forum

Thank you! I am glad you liked it.

ZoeyPuppy

Quote Originally Posted by Ivvy View Post
    Zoey, beautiful thread, this is definitely something that is a popular question! I actually made another post similar to this in the puppy section. Yours is awesome and I'm going to merge mine in with yours. Thank you for taking the time to write this up and contribute .
    Exactly! facebook-like-icon.jpg

Thank you!