Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who else likes to read? What books are you reading? What's on your list?

Who else likes to read? What books are you reading? What's on your list?

I LOVE to read! Mostly I love to read non-fiction...but I'll read anything if I have to!

Currently I am reading, "January First." It's a father's story about dealing with his 5 year old daughter's descent into schizophrenia....really a sad story. I saw a blurb about it on 60 Minutes and bought the book.

Here is the rest of my list:

Re: Who else likes to read? What books are you reading? What's on your list?

Oooh I havn't been reading lately but what I DO need to buy is these 3 books:

The owner writes it from his Pap Genevieve's perspective.

Papvilion Papillon Forum

Nicole, Genevieve's book is LOL funny!!!!

I'm a big reader, but mostly fiction. I like my reading to be an escape from the pressures and stress of my life!!!!

Yes, I've read and LOVED the Harry Potter series.

Yes, I've read and LOVED the Twilight series.

Yes, I've read and LOVED the Hunger Games series.

Yes, I've read and LOVED the Fifty Shades series.

I also read a lot of James Patterson.

Currently I've been reading a lot of Nora Roberts.

As far as dog themed books, recent favorites are One Good Dog & A Dog's Purpose. I'm looking forward to reading the sequel, A Dog's Journey.
    There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. ~Ben Williams

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Dogs have given us their absolute all. We are the center of their universe. We are the focus of their love and faith and trust. They serve us in return for s****s. It is without a doubt the best deal man has ever made. ~Roger Caras

Happiness is a warm puppy. ~Charles M. Schulz

I'm reading some nonfiction now. Currently I'm reading The History of the Internet and the Digital Future by Johnny Ryan.

Chattles - If you like Harry Potter and the Narnia books check out The Magicians and The Magician King by Lev Grossman. The books kind of combine themes from both and are geared more towards adults.

Thanks Andy! I will check them out! I downloaded the samples onto my iPad. Love being able to download samples so I don't forget a recommendation!!! I'm on the last book of the series I'm reading now, so I'll start this next!
    Last edited by Chattles; 09-19-2012 at 07:53 AM.
    There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. ~Ben Williams

Dogs have given us their absolute all. We are the center of their universe. We are the focus of their love and faith and trust. They serve us in return for s****s. It is without a doubt the best deal man has ever made. ~Roger Caras

I've been eyeing those Papillon books!! Glad to hear they are good/funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Chattles View Post
    Thanks Andy! I will check them out! I downloaded the samples onto my iPad. Love being able to download samples so I don't forget a recommendation!!! I'm on the last book of the series I'm reading now, so I'll start this next!
    Cool I hope you like them. I burned through them in a weekend.

Andy, just wanted to let you know I started The Magicians today!

I hope you like them Chattles. I read through them pretty quickly.

Enjoying it so far!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast