Thread: How long should the wallk last and how often daily?

How long should the wallk last and how often daily?

Hello,
    Our little Lucy is 10 weeks old and we're trying to find out how much exercise she should get. There is so much conflicting information on the web and I would like to be on the safe side, as I read that there's a risk of damaging her muscles and/or joints if overworked. Some sites say that the dog will tell you when it's tired, but others say that the Papillon might look totally all right and then one day is suddenly walking on three legs. At the moment, I take her for two walks of 20 minutes. It seems very little, especially as at the end of the walks, she tears around the house a few times before (maybe) settling down to nap. We realize that it depends very much on the temperament and energy levels of the individual dog, and she does seem to be at the high energy end of the spectrum. So if anyone's Papillon puppy was similarly energetic, we would love to hear your recommendations.

Re: How long should the wallk last and how often daily?

I have a Lab and he gets about an hour a day, so for smaller dogs, I would say not even that is needed, some people don't even walk smaller dogs at all.
    If life was like a box of chocolates, for me, it would be all gone.

Thank you, Leeroy. Lucy really enjoys her walks, very much. I just have to find out what's best for her.

Pupae

I think the hour per day would be ebough.