Thread: Need help with my 7 year old papillon Logan

Need help with my 7 year old papillon Logan

Hello all, I have a question. My family and I have 3 Papillions, Logan(the oldest) Lexi (the mom) and Louie(son). Ever since logan has gotten older he is ****ing everywhere, the dog marks everything in the house. Back when, logan was a great dog, he was friendly, behaved, just a all around great dog. But now that he is older, he just can't stop. Any advice on that?

And the other problem we have is logan and Louie are always fighting. It got to the point of putting gates up and sepperaing the two..

Any advice on this.

Thanks

Founding Member
    Conformation Papillons

Re: Need help with my 7 year old papillon Logan

First thing is to make sure there isn't a medical reason for him going all the time, like a urinary infection. Are both boys still intact or are they fixed? Logan could be marking to prove his dominance over the younger male. Could also be the source of the "fights". You can purchase "belly bands", which are male dog diapers. They are meant for dogs that mark or may have incontinence problems. You put a pad (Poise, Tena, etc..) inside the band to catch the urine and keep it away from the dogs skin and keeps the band itself from getting soggy. http://www.bellybands.net/ I currently have 2 intact males together, and they get along just fine, but neither one has a dominant personality.
    Nancy
    Mojo "AKC - GCH CH / UKC - URO2 UCDX UCH / ICKC - MSCH IC-CHD Betlen Riegel The Magic Touch UD BN CGC RE UCDX" & Jeter "GCH Riegel Betlen Who'll Stop The Reign"

Logan is intact, luie is not. Luie was a puppy from our first litter. I know dogs are not humans, but do they know that they are related to one another? I will definitely look into the pepe diapers. But sometimes logan gets really aggressive with the family, and will not let us put anything on him.

How about the excessive barking? I think they all have separation disorder. As soon as we walk in the house, they just bark, and bark and bark. They don't listen anymore, we are all getting tired of them, but we love them also.

Thanks

Founding Member
    Conformation Papillons

They don't really recognize relationships like we do. They understand who belongs in there "pack", but in any pack there is going to be fights over who is top dog, if you have more than one with a dominate personality.
    Nancy
    Mojo "AKC - GCH CH / UKC - URO2 UCDX UCH / ICKC - MSCH IC-CHD Betlen Riegel The Magic Touch UD BN CGC RE UCDX" & Jeter "GCH Riegel Betlen Who'll Stop The Reign"