Thread: Does my papillon meet Breed Standards?

Does my papillon meet Breed Standards?

My baby 6 month old pappy (Blossom) doesn't have a blaze.
    In fact, she never had one. At 2-3 months she had a fairly large triangle of white on her forehead, now it's a sliver of 5-15 tiny white hairs. The only white on her head is around her muzzle, and even then, she had more white when she was younger.
    She is a classic black tri and has TONS of black on her back. It covers nearly her entire back. Ive never seen a papillon with so little white in comparison to their secondary colour. Once again, the black seems to be growing in size and covering up the majority of the white. When a 3 month old puppy, she was the generic base white, slight black patches, still mostly white fluffball. Now she's getting her tail plume and feathering arounf ears and forelegs. I wonder if she is actually purebred?

Before:
    Attachment 765

After:
    image.jpg
    Last edited by Lunareclipse123455; 03-08-2015 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Adding a photo, but it's upsidedown:

Founding Member
    Conformation Papillons

Re: Does my papillon meet Breed Standards?

As the hair gets longer, markings can change a bit. As far as color goes, it does vary. If you aren't showing, it doesn't matter how much or how little white they have. Some have a lot of body color, some very little. Solid heads aren't common, but you do see them even in the show ring. The blaze is not required, but it is preferred, as it forms the "body" of the butterfly to those ear "wings".

This is one of Mojo's buddies, Blast. As you can see, he has a lot of body color.

Last edited by MojoPap; 05-10-2015 at 09:31 PM.
    Nancy
    Mojo "AKC - GCH CH / UKC - URO2 UCDX UCH / ICKC - MSCH IC-CHD Betlen Riegel The Magic Touch UD BN CGC RE UCDX" & Jeter "GCH Riegel Betlen Who'll Stop The Reign"

Thank you. She's not going to be shown as far as I'm concerned, but I just wanted to double check just in case

Founding Member
    Conformation Papillons

Just edited that post to show one of Mojo's buddies who has a lot of body color.
    Nancy
    Mojo "AKC - GCH CH / UKC - URO2 UCDX UCH / ICKC - MSCH IC-CHD Betlen Riegel The Magic Touch UD BN CGC RE UCDX" & Jeter "GCH Riegel Betlen Who'll Stop The Reign"

Founding Member
    Conformation Papillons

Another of Mojo's buddies, little man, Knight. Solid head, no blaze.
    Last edited by MojoPap; 05-10-2015 at 09:33 PM.
    Nancy

An upsidedown photo of her at 7-8 months

image.jpg

Founding Member
    Conformation Papillons

Cute. Minimal Tri-color.
    Nancy

Actually, I think she is a classic tri colour. Not really sure, but that picture doesn't really show her facial markings very well.
    She does have some tan in her ears, unger the base of her tail and she has a tiny bit of tan uder her elbows. One black dot on her foot has tan laced under it. Here's a better picture of her face markings:
    image.jpg

Founding Member
    Conformation Papillons

Ok, I see more tan now.
    Nancy