Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new pup

Pupae

My new pup

I will soon be bringing home a new baby. May I introduce 6 month old Cajun Heritage Galaxy Quest (AKA Galaxy). So excited, but just need to make arrangement to go pick him up. It's going to be about a 20 hour round trip to Louisiana and back.

[IMG][/IMG]

Re: My new pup

Oh, so beautiful!!! Good luck!!!
    There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. ~Ben Williams

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Dogs have given us their absolute all. We are the center of their universe. We are the focus of their love and faith and trust. They serve us in return for s****s. It is without a doubt the best deal man has ever made. ~Roger Caras

Happiness is a warm puppy. ~Charles M. Schulz

Founding Member
    Conformation Papillons

Such a cutie.
    Nancy
    Mojo "AKC - GCH CH / UKC - URO2 UCDX UCH / ICKC - MSCH IC-CHD Betlen Riegel The Magic Touch UD BN CGC RE UCDX" & Jeter "GCH Riegel Betlen Who'll Stop The Reign"

Pupae

He is. He ended up being to shy for the show ring.

Founding Member
    Conformation Papillons

Rose was very shy too. She is 2 years old now, her owner wasn't able to get her out much so asked if I could take her for awhile and try to get her ring ready, and in less than 3 months time I had her change from a shrinking violet into a very bossy bitch! lol
    Nancy
    Mojo "AKC - GCH CH / UKC - URO2 UCDX UCH / ICKC - MSCH IC-CHD Betlen Riegel The Magic Touch UD BN CGC RE UCDX" & Jeter "GCH Riegel Betlen Who'll Stop The Reign"

Pupae

A more recent pic of him that was sent to me yesterday.

His breeder was second guessing if she was doing the right thing in letting him go, but just feels his personality may not be a good fit for showing. I'll get a better idea when he gets here and I spend time with him. What did you do to help Rose?
    [IMG][/IMG]

Founding Member
    Conformation Papillons

I just took her to a lot of places. PetSmart, Petco, Pet Valu, walked her at the park. Took her with us to her dad's obedience lessons, and any shows and trials I had him entered at. Any time she responded well to something, she got praise and a treat. Walk past a strange person/dog without shying away, allowing a bike to go by without getting startled, getting her tail up even if just for a moment while in a strange place, etc... Letting other people offer a treat before petting her, and so on. She would use her dad as a buffer at first, but she gradually got more confident. A lot of people, at obedience class and the employees at the pet stores we visit, have commented on how much better she is doing and that she acts like a totally different dog from when they first saw her.
    Nancy

Founding Member
    Conformation Papillons

Rose when I first brought her home.

A little over a month later with her dad at an obedience match.

Nancy

Pupae

That sounds like what I was going to do. It's a little difficult being in a small quiet town. I have to drive a half hour or more to take him to pet friendly stores and such. I took Ohanzee at least once a week when he was younger. I might look and see if there are any events going on that I could take the dogs to so they can see a little more action.

OMG She is so cute I wish I could have herrrr!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast