Thread: UPDATE.....Sully's luxating patella's

UPDATE.....Sully's luxating patella's

I took Sully in this morning for his surgery. Surgery will be either this morning or late this afternoon. I hope it's this morning. I want him home with me. Now I just wait for the phone to ring.

Re: UPDATE.....Sully's luxating patella's

IMG_2076.jpgIMG_2483.jpg

The first picture is of Sully in the hotel room on our trip home from Pennsylvania when we got him in April. The second one is of him playing in the yard a couple weeks ago. They grow up so fast!

BTW....he forgot what a pee pad was as soon as we left the breeders house.

Sully's home now...both legs full of staples. The gals at the vet office said he did really well. I feel so bad for him. He tries to walk but really can't, walks on 3 legs one side for a second, then shifts to the other side for a minute, then lays down. He's a strong willed dog though so it won't take him long to figure it out.

IMG_2534.jpgIMG_2535.jpg

Founding Member
    Conformation Papillons

Poor baby. Hope he heels up soon.
    Nancy
    Mojo "AKC - GCH CH / UKC - URO2 UCDX UCH / ICKC - MSCH IC-CHD Betlen Riegel The Magic Touch UD BN CGC RE UCDX" & Jeter "GCH Riegel Betlen Who'll Stop The Reign"

Thanks Mojo! Lot's of love will help him heal fast!

So glad things went well. Max & I send lots of healing wishes for Sully and strength for you!!! Please keep us posted on his progress.
    There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. ~Ben Williams

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Dogs have given us their absolute all. We are the center of their universe. We are the focus of their love and faith and trust. They serve us in return for s****s. It is without a doubt the best deal man has ever made. ~Roger Caras

Happiness is a warm puppy. ~Charles M. Schulz

Thank you to both of you from both of us.

Sully started to try to walk today. He's been taking a few steps and then sits down for a while. I know he's dying to get outside and run and bark at the squirrels and other animals he sees. Trouble is, no running for 30 days. He is not going to like it at all.

UPDATE........

Sully had a setback. He had problems with his right leg, not sure what exactly. He walked on it, changing one leg to the other, for a while, then stopped walking on it altogether. Dr took xrays and did a very though exam can't find anything wrong. He is now in Rehab to try to get him to use the leg more. It seems to be working, he is using it more. He got a good workout when we visited our daughter the other day. They have a little Chaweenie, neither of them sat still much. Hubby and I think it hurt him in the beginning and now it's become a habit that he's not using it at all. The PT agrees. He uses it when he wants to. But, we'll get though this if it breaks us. LOL