Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sully has Luxating Patella's

Re: Sully has Luxating Patella's

Quote Originally Posted by IamJolyn View Post
    As of right now we are planning to go ahead with it, but it won't be until at least December, but most likely a little later in 2014. I am just trying to weigh the risks of the surgery. She is a very agile little dog, even on 3 legs as she rips around the house or yard, but she is also young, and when she gets older I am sure it will cause her more pain if I don't do the surgery (and maybe if I do).
    Our vet told us that Sully's in pain now (although most days you'd never know it ) and that it would just get worse. The pain was very evident when she examined him. Hang in there, you'll make the right decision. ((Hugs))

Quote Originally Posted by Sully'sMom View Post
    Thank you Herosnose. Sully's a good healthy pup and with our help, I'm sure he'll get though this. Not sure about me...........
    She's surely one brave and inspiring girl, and even giving hope and strength. I'm sure you both can get through this.

Max has had an issue with a luxating patella in one of his back legs, but at this point it's only a grade 2 and thankfully surgery has never been discussed. Good luck to you both!
    There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. ~Ben Williams

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Dogs have given us their absolute all. We are the center of their universe. We are the focus of their love and faith and trust. They serve us in return for s****s. It is without a doubt the best deal man has ever made. ~Roger Caras

Happiness is a warm puppy. ~Charles M. Schulz

Thank you!

I'm so sorry to hear about this, but I'm glad that you're taking all the right steps in order to decrease his pain and increase his quality of life as much as possible. Supplements are great; Cali is on HylaSport Canine, and although it's relatively expensive... it lasts her forever because she's so small. It's a powder and I simply mix it with cream; she loves it and it has glowing reviews. That's one benefit for papillon owners... being able to splurge on those types of things because they last so much longer.

Cali has luxating patellas too, although it doesn't seem to cause her pain. It's only grade I/II though, so I'm praying it doesn't advance... and if it does, I hope it waits until she's much older and isn't completely crazy half the time.

Keep us posted on his hopeful improvement! Best wishes for the handsome boy.

Thank you. Cali is beautiful by the way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12