Thread: Growth

Growth

At what age did your Pap stop growing? Tilly is 10 months and she's still so little that I'm hoping she'll get a bit bigger. She's definitely too small to show (not that I ever would!) but I think she's still pretty titchy even for a pap. Were your paps still pretty puppy-like at 10 months?

Founding Member
    Conformation Papillons

Re: Growth

Most small breeds reach full height by 7 months and then fill out from there. Full coat can take up to 3 years.
    Nancy
    Mojo "AKC - GCH CH / UKC - URO2 UCDX UCH / ICKC - MSCH IC-CHD Betlen Riegel The Magic Touch UD BN CGC RE UCDX" & Jeter "GCH Riegel Betlen Who'll Stop The Reign"

She's probably not getting any bigger then! She's definitely beautiful this size though

Sophie is almost 10 months, she's pretty small, about 4 1/2 pounds. but i love her the way she is, she needs to start filling out.
    Last edited by Sophie'sMom929; 09-05-2013 at 08:19 AM.

Tessa is a year and a half old and has been between 4.5 and 5 pounds since she was 7 or 8 months old.

Bravo is now one year old.........he was 3 pounds at 12 weeks old and is now 8 pounds (been that since 10 mos old).

All that said, he is now starting to "mature" - kind of like a boy going from that teenage gawky look to the look of a young man....I don't know how else to describe it...hope it makes sense.

Puzzle just turned 1 and he has finally started to fill out. When wet he looked like a skinny ferret. He is very tucked in the flank and has a large chest. He is about 9.5 inches tall and 8lbs. He is finally growing some hair. Except for his tail and breeches his hair is very straight, and the black areas are growing out in 4 inch spikes. Is that normal? Still not a lot of long hair on his ears.

Blossom is about 7 and a half months old now, and actually quite average sized, last time my vet weighed her she was about 7 pounds, maybe nearer to 8 now.
    An upsidedown picture or two of her fur and fringe
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

Founding Member
    Conformation Papillons

Just found an interesting little break down on Pap size. http://www.pet-papillon.com/size-weight-height.html
    Nancy
    Mojo "AKC - GCH CH / UKC - URO2 UCDX UCH / ICKC - MSCH IC-CHD Betlen Riegel The Magic Touch UD BN CGC RE UCDX" & Jeter "GCH Riegel Betlen Who'll Stop The Reign"