Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Toys

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What Toys

Hi All

I warned I would have lots of questions. The only things purchased so far is his puppia harness/leash and dog food (acana). I have grooming tools and beds that were Ed's and will work for now.

Puzzle will be 11 weeks old when we pick him up. What toys and chews did your puppy love? The choices are overwhelming. I know not to go with any string/rope toys (thanks to reading through the posts).

Also, Puzzle is litter trained. Do you just use a regular kitty litter pan? What about litter; the kitty stuff, wood shavings/pellets, shredded paper or something else?

Thanks

Paula

Re: What Toys

Cali liked nylabone type chews, balls/tugs with different fabric and she had a few plushies as well.

I haven't heard of a Papillon being litter trained before, although Cali was training to go on newspaper at her breeder's. We switched her to going outside though after a few days.

As far as litter goes, I'd make sure to stick with whatever substance the breeder is using for litter.

My pap puppy is insanely in love with Air Kong balls. They are tiny enough for his mouth, very rugged, and have a squeaker inside. Paradise!

http://www.vitacost.com/kong-air-kon...FYSe4AodanQAeA

Warning: three is NOT enough. Mine has to have one in each room of the house.

Hi Paula! My papillon Gizmo loves bully sticks and plush squeaky toys. He has squeaky toys in all sizes; some are as big as him and others are very small and fit in his mouth easy. He loves pouncing on the big toys and tossing the tiny toys up in the air. He rarely tears a toy up. He loves finding the squeakers and just going to town on them... especially while we are trying to watch tv or talk on the phone! Tennis balls were a no-go for us b/c he tried tearing the felt off. I just got a little of all the different types of dog toys to see what Gizmo preferred. Any toys he didn't like were either donated to the shelters or given to other doggie friends. Congratulations on the new puppy!

Founding Member
    Conformation Papillons

You can use a regular litter pan, but the litter for dogs is wood pellets, not cat litter.
    Mojo was litter trained when I first got him and I got a special dog litter pan at PetSmart along with a bag of the wood pellet litter.

Mojo loves fleece toys!

Nancy
    Mojo "AKC - GCH CH / UKC - URO2 UCDX UCH / ICKC - MSCH IC-CHD Betlen Riegel The Magic Touch UD BN CGC RE UCDX" & Jeter "GCH Riegel Betlen Who'll Stop The Reign"

Bravo loves almost any kind of toy he can wrap his mouth around.........and a few things that he can't, LOL!

Mojo recommended that fleece disk for Bravo - and he LOVES that thing! Loves it! He also loves those mini-Kong tennis balls that dj mentioned - he has 6 of them....and he likes to squeak them, too!

But...again....any ball will do, LOL!

He pretty much likes anything stuffed......especially if a squeaky is involved.

He loves to chew on Bully sticks (stinky nasty things, but they keep his mouth busy!).

He LOVES his Kyjen snake. I am going to have to buy a new one because he's wearing this one out!

But his most favorite toy.......ever........is Happy Moppy made by Nylabone!

Paps really are easy to please...I don't think you'll bring home anything he wouldn't love!
    Last edited by Avec Bravissimo; 03-21-2013 at 05:52 AM.

I love the Pet Stages toys

www.petstages.com.

As others have said, you'll probably have to try a variety of toys to learn what will be his favorites. Donating anything that doesn't work to a shelter is what I do.
    There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. ~Ben Williams

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Dogs have given us their absolute all. We are the center of their universe. We are the focus of their love and faith and trust. They serve us in return for s****s. It is without a doubt the best deal man has ever made. ~Roger Caras

Happiness is a warm puppy. ~Charles M. Schulz

Sophie like the tinniest kong thing (that you can put peanut butter & etc in), the pet stages toys also, LOVES plush toys with squeakers in them!! she enjoys the little kong tennis balls also, she loses them pretty quick. Sophie is a very picky treat eater she likes ZUKES treats & Purina beggin stripes (i know.. not the best, but she loves them)

Smokie looooves his kong squeaky tennis balls. They are definitely his favorite toy. He also likes the jw squeaky rubber balls, just not as much as the tennis balls. For regular toys, he prefers soft toys that squeak for the most part, though he'll randomly play with others here and there. He kills off the squeakers pretty fast, but will continue to "squeak" them as he still likes the noise chomping on it makes. Someone needs to make a tougher squeaker!

Greetings,

Thanks all for all the suggestions. I've been ripping up the internet ordering toys. Can't wait until the packages start arriving. I think I have ordered at least one of each. I love the Happy Moppy. If Puzzle is indifferent to it won't matter, I love it.

Has anyone used the breakaway collar made by Premier? Even with the harness, dogs out and about have to carry their
    tags with them.

Thanks again.

Paula

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast