Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is you pap a lap dog?

Is you pap a lap dog?

Hi,

I am considering adopting a papillon and I'd like to know of your experiences with your paps. Do you think they are lap dogs (loving to sit with you)? I know they love to play fetch and run around and go for walks, and we would do all that, but at night when I finally sit down to watch TV, I'd like a cuddle bug.

And, if yours isn't a cuddle bug, could you tell before you adopted him/her? And is a male or female more cuddly?

Thanks for your responses!
    Deb

Founding Member
    Conformation Papillons

Re: Is you pap a lap dog?

Mojo is most definitely a lap dog! He loves to cuddle and be either on or near wherever I am. He is perfectly content to relax while I watch tv or am on my computer, frequently in my lap and using the keyboard tray for a chin rest. He is just as quick to jump up and be ready to go the moment I move.
    Nancy
    Mojo "AKC - GCH CH / UKC - URO2 UCDX UCH / ICKC - MSCH IC-CHD Betlen Riegel The Magic Touch UD BN CGC RE UCDX" & Jeter "GCH Riegel Betlen Who'll Stop The Reign"

Bravo is a total cuddler....once he's finished being a wiggly puppy! He cannot get close enough to me when he's ready to settle down. He loves to sleep against my leg if I'm on the computer, plastered by my side if I'm laying down, or under my arm if he can maneuver it!

Bravo is my 4th Pap in 23 years - I find the breed very affectionate without being "needy" - I like this a lot.

Make sure you let the breeder you choose know what you are looking for....they know their puppies best and can help match you to the puppy that will best meet your needs :-)

I have a little female papillon. she's 4 months old, she loves to be by my side all the time, cuddle as close as she can get to me. Like Avec Bravissimo said, this happens after being a wiggly puppy. Most people say males are more cuddly then females. Sophie loves to cuddle, i got her at 9 weeks old, so thats probably why, also I baby her

My Patches most certianly is a lap dog. He follows me everywhere and stays with me. He is sleeping on a blanket on the floor right now not but a few feet away from the computer right now If I sit on the couch or rocking chair he is in my lap with me. He is my constant companion

nici is defintely a cuddle bug (or atlest doen't mind cuddleing) she stays by my side as much as she can or my hubbys when i am at school so yes they ae as a rule ap dogs and in a since velcro but can manage on there own without thrashing the house

Just brought home the world's cutest pap puppy (IMHO)! He is 11 weeks old and just 2 lb. I have three adult Japanese chin which are wonderful, gentle toy dogs. The little pap puppy is growling and lunging and acting very aggressively toward them. They are so gentle that they run away from him. How do I get everyone to be friends?

Our papillon is a bundle of energy. He likes a cuddle, but loves to spend more time dashing round. You will need energy for a papillon like ours.

Dexter is a lap dog!

When he wants to be picked up he will sit next to the sofa.

Bravo is both....when his batteries are fully charged, it's game on - and you'd better be ready with a ball or something!!!

When he's worn himself out, he is like a piece of velcro....and always as close to me as he can possibly get!

Here he is last Sa****ay night as hubby & I watched a movie - he only moves when he needs re-position himself or the blanket....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast