Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What treats do you give your Papillon? And what would you recommend?

Re: What treats do you give your Papillon? And what would you recommend?

for a while whil teaching nieci basic manors i use the petsmart liver treat that come in a carton she liked them and on a ultra rare occation ill give her one. but i prefer to make beef live and rice balls for a treat she adores them over much any thing else

You will have to post the recipe Mo! You can make a recipe thread .
    Papvilion Papillon Forum

I heard a sad story at the dog park yesterday about some treats. There is a lady who used to be there all the time with a beautiful miniature American Eskimo dog named Cloud that hasn't been there in a while. The story goes that she was feeding Cloud some Canyon Creek brand treats that she got at Petsmart and Cloud got really sick from them. Now Cloud is on medication for the rest of his life to prevent his organs from shutting down due to something in those treats.

There are quite a few people there boycotting Petsmart now because they believe that Petsmart is knowingly selling treats made in China that are making dogs sick. I'm not going to go so far as to boycott them but I don't buy food or treats there.

I heard about those treats, I've even bought them once a while ago, but I didn't know if the scare was real. That's terrible poor lady and doggy. I hope someone is making a case to help compensate for this.
    Papvilion Papillon Forum

Founding Member
    Conformation Papillons

Mojo used to get Canyon Creek and SmokeHouse. Both are made in China. we no longer get those. We get Blue Buffalo, Zukes, and Kona's.
    Nancy
    Mojo "AKC - GCH CH / UKC - URO2 UCDX UCH / ICKC - MSCH IC-CHD Betlen Riegel The Magic Touch UD BN CGC RE UCDX" & Jeter "GCH Riegel Betlen Who'll Stop The Reign"

I use Planet Pets treats. Or I make my own treats in the oven, either liver or black pudding. The dogs love them and it's sooo cheap. A bit messy making them but it's all worth it .

002.jpg006.jpg

Apples slices, Raw Carrots and Green beans are also good treats if your pet will eat them =) Bijoux will snack on baby carrots in between meals or something to munch on while we have dinner to divert her from begging lol

This is also helpful to if you're trying to watch your pet's weight.

IMG_20121027_183816.jpg

I just tried baby carrots on Lizzie and Tessa and they loved them. I was a little surprised. I just have to cut them into manageable chunks or else I end up with carrot pieces in the carpet.

Fortunately where we shifted to has a really awesome mom-and-pop kind of pet shop. It's big, but everything they offer seems to be chosen by the proprietor and is of top quality. The toys and games from there are $15+ each, even little ones, but they never come apart.

Personal Training Cary
    Last edited by Desmond; 08-26-2013 at 06:11 AM.

Pupae

All of Gizmo's treats are made in the U.S. I don't want to buy and give him anything from China, Cambodia, Columbia, Mexico or any other such place. I'd consider treats made in Canada, the UK and Australia and New Zealand, but that's about it. I don't want to buy treats from other countries that don't have similar standards as we do when it comes to food production.

That said, Gizmo currently gets Greenies, Nylabone, Pῡr Luv, Milo's Kitchen, and My Little Wolf.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast