Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: International Canine Kennel Club

Founding Member
    Conformation Papillons

International Canine Kennel Club

http://internationalcaninekennelclub.com/

Mojo is competing this weekend in an attempt to earn his International and Intercontinental Championships.

After today he still needs 4 points for the International and one more rating of Very Good or Excellent for the Intercontinental. Will try to pick those up tomorrow.
    Last edited by MojoPap; 12-29-2015 at 12:07 AM.
    Nancy
    Mojo "AKC - GCH CH / UKC - URO2 UCDX UCH / ICKC - MSCH IC-CHD Betlen Riegel The Magic Touch UD BN CGC RE UCDX" & Jeter "GCH Riegel Betlen Who'll Stop The Reign"

Re: International Canine Kennel Club

Bravo!!! From Bravo! :-)

Can't wait for more pics! We have our first puppy match in two weeks :-)

Founding Member
    Conformation Papillons

Only 1 Group placement today, but it was enough to get his 4 remaining points for his International Championship.
    He also received a rating of Excellent and 3 more Ratings of Very Good, completing his Intercontinental Championship as well.
    Last edited by MojoPap; 11-29-2014 at 11:36 PM.
    Nancy
    Mojo "AKC - GCH CH / UKC - URO2 UCDX UCH / ICKC - MSCH IC-CHD Betlen Riegel The Magic Touch UD BN CGC RE UCDX" & Jeter "GCH Riegel Betlen Who'll Stop The Reign"

Wow. That is so impressive, and such a huge accomplishment (especially when we're still working on going outside to potty, LOL!!).

You have got to be SO proud!!

Wow, huge congrats! He's such a handsome boy!

Also, question, what is deemed good conformation for Papillons? I've always thought Cali has pretty good conformation, but I've always wondered what they judge them on. I'm good with horse conformation, but dog conformation is a whole different ball game!

Oh my goodnees! That is absolutely impressive!!!

Cali - I'll let Mojo's mom answer....but when I showed my last Pap (using a handler) it was just as subjective as any breeed's halter class! Everyone has their own perception of what the breed standard means.

Very true, I know that back when I used to lease a QH gelding, he was very successful in halter shows (consistently placed first in groups of ten+ horses) but then again, the majority of the judges were Quarter Horse judges and loved a nice, quality pleasure horse. I know Indie would've placed dead last in a halter class around my area, simply because Quarter Horses dominate the local shows, so typically, Western-based judges are selected. However, had she gone to a dressage show, she'd have done well since her conformation was suited more to dressage and her movement was definitely not up a Western judge's alley, it had a lot of impulsion and forwardness.

So handsome our Mojo man <3
    Papvilion Papillon Forum

Founding Member
    Conformation Papillons

Yes, every breed standard is open to interpretation. Different judges are going to prefer certain things. Some are big on head and expression, some are bite freaks ( want the teeth to be just right), others are big on movement, they may prefer a certain size or have a color preference. It's always a gamble unless you have had the judge previously and have some idea of what they seem to like. Including if they are more prone to looking at the other end of the lead.
    Nancy

Founding Member
    Conformation Papillons

Another day of ICKC and 3 Group placements out of 4 shows.
    Last edited by MojoPap; 12-29-2015 at 12:07 AM.
    Nancy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast