Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What dog food do you feed your Papillon? What dog food do you recommend?

Re: What dog food do you feed your Papillon? What dog food do you recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by naql View Post
    Seven 5 pound bags? That will last a while. My girls go through a five pound bag in a month.
    LOL! I know! I had to meet a $49 minimum for free shipping, so I ordered two 15lb bags. The emailed me back and said they were out of that size but could send six 5lb bags plus one free for my trouble. She also assured me the expiration data would be no less than 6 months....I couldn't refuse!!

Quote Originally Posted by Avec Bravissimo View Post
    LOL! I know! I had to meet a $49 minimum for free shipping, so I ordered two 15lb bags. The emailed me back and said they were out of that size but could send six 5lb bags plus one free for my trouble. She also assured me the expiration data would be no less than 6 months....I couldn't refuse!!
    Wow that is some good customer service. My girls love Acana especially the Pacifica one.

I've been using the basic blue bag Orijen. His eyes are always a mess. Not typical eye-boogers either, just water. We don't smoke around them or have harsh air that would be affecting their eyes. I know genetics plays a role but since you've said that I am curious to see if Orijen is the culprit. He has been on it his entire life. Once this bag is up (we bought the 30lb of course!) I'm going to switch and see if there is any difference.
    Papvilion Papillon Forum

I was really impressed, too. It's from Mrs. Chewy...or something like that (link is on my computer....I'm on tablet right now. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivvy View Post
    I've been using the basic blue bag Orijen. His eyes are always a mess. Not typical eye-boogers either, just water. We don't smoke around them or have harsh air that would be affecting their eyes. I know genetics plays a role but since you've said that I am curious to see if Orijen is the culprit. He has been on it his entire life. Once this bag is up (we bought the 30lb of course!) I'm going to switch and see if there is any difference.
    Thats what her eyes were doing too. Just water and no boogers or anything. Her eyes have been perfectly clear since coming off it.

I would LOVE for his eyes to clear up. I literally have to wipe them several times before his face is dry several times a day. It's just water so it's not gross (atleast to me :P) I just wipe his face--wipe my pants--wipe his face--repeat. I've seen pap eye boogers and it's not that. The water doesn't harden it just eventually dries (because I wipe it) or it would probably stay wet a lot of the time if I didn't wipe it.

How'd she do with Acana?

Perhaps it's something in it? Too high of protein content for a small dog?

I think my preferred choice after Orijen would be between:
    Acana
    Fromm Grain Free
    Papvilion Papillon Forum

She never had a problem with any of the flavors of Acana. I've never tried Fromm.

I think I'm going to switch to Acana and see if that does the trick. That would be awesome if it worked! I would have a few words to say about Orijen and Papillons (or small dogs).
    Papvilion Papillon Forum

It is a shame because it is a high quality food. Lizzie didn't have any issues with it but I keep them on the same food for ease of feeding.

Wow - all great information. I had been feeding raw up until a short time ago but live in an area where there are not always good sources of raw so I switched to Fromm fish variety. Even my picky eater Rip eats it. So far so good.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast