Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What dog food do you feed your Papillon? What dog food do you recommend?

Re: What dog food do you feed your Papillon? What dog food do you recommend?

I just bought Orijen Red Meat formula for Tessa and Lizzie and they are eating it like they've never had food before. So it looks like their favorites are now Orijen and Acana.

Oliver eats Acana rotated with Fromm. He also loves real meat so often gets meaty bones and little extra pieces of chicken, steak etc.

I use Wellnss for small breed. The kibble is the perfect size and both my pups love the taste.

We've been rotating through the grain-free Fromm (currently finishing up a bag of the Surf n Turf). We usually do some type of raw in the morning (most recently freeze-dried Stella & Chewy's) and kibble in the evenings which has been the best combination for us!

I have a bag of Pure Vita Bison and Sweet Potato that I'm in the process of transitioning Toki over to (we got a sample that Toki really loved but ultimately I'd like to find something higher in protein and a little lower in fiber). I wanted to switch over to Orijen but hear that they'll be changing the formulas so I want to wait until that happens before we make the switch

For Nieci i did alot of research as a puppy up to about 5 mos I used Iams puppy but 5 mos and up I sware by earthborn holistic dogfood. They have small breed puppy and adult food it is made in is by blue bufflo and taste of the wild but she never gets bored of it and sometimes ill mix some yogert or cottage cheese to change things up when she was younger i would add wet food to the puppy food to give her more neutriants http://www.earthbornholisticpetfood.com/us/ is the site to get more infomation it is also avalible over seas

I had to take my girls off of Orijen. Tessa was constantly itching and had watery eyes while on it. So back to my trusted foods. It is stoo bad because they both liked it so much.

The breeder of my puppy feeds Acana - Wild Prairie. On her FB page I had a great discussion with a ton of other people who have purchased puppies/dogs from her, and many of them are feeding it and very happy with it...With that info -

I ordered 35lbs of it today! Going to last me a while (seven 5lb based!).

Seven 5 pound bags? That will last a while. My girls go through a five pound bag in a month.

Quote Originally Posted by naql View Post
    I had to take my girls off of Orijen. Tessa was constantly itching and had watery eyes while on it. So back to my trusted foods. It is stoo bad because they both liked it so much.
    That's really weird you say that I never would have imagined Orijen could be the cause. I've been a serious supporter of Orijen but my male has persistent watery eyes. What are you using now? Tessa didn't have watery eyes before Orijen?

Before I moved to Florida (where my local family owned petstore sells Orijen) I used to order it from k9cuisine.com and they used to give you 5 free samples of treats or food with a $50+ order. I think there was a Fromm that I really liked. It had really small bites and the dogs loved it. Of course I became obsessed with Orijen. I read cycling through 3 different high end brands was a good idea but I got stuck on Orijen. I may have to do some new research and try a different brand and see if Orijen is the cause of Lito's eyes watering.
    Papvilion Papillon Forum

I have them on Castor and Pollux Natural Ultramix poultry free. It was a bit of a stopgap since I was only able to get to Petsmart to get them food but it is rated five stars at Dog Food Advisor.

I'm not sure what it was about the Orijen but I'm thinking it was the pork in it. I've never given them food with pig in it as far as I can remember.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast