Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bravo's trip to N.C. for Thanksgiving ( Papillon Puppy ) - dial-up beware!

Bravo's trip to N.C. for Thanksgiving ( Papillon Puppy ) - dial-up beware!

We got back from N.C. late last night, and I just uploaded my photos from the trip...

My favorite head-shot :-)

Last edited by Avec Bravissimo; 11-25-2012 at 01:12 PM.

Re: Bravo's trip to N.C. for Thanksgiving ( Papillon Puppy ) - dial-up beware!

And!!!!!!!!! He was a super-trooper in the car for both the ride up and the ride back home!! 12 hours!!! And he slept and chewed on his chew-toys the whole day!! SUCH a good puppy!!!

Founding Member
    Conformation Papillons

Very handsome boy.
    Nancy
    Mojo "AKC - GCH CH / UKC - URO2 UCDX UCH / ICKC - MSCH IC-CHD Betlen Riegel The Magic Touch UD BN CGC RE UCDX" & Jeter "GCH Riegel Betlen Who'll Stop The Reign"

Thanks, Nancy!

I just love him so much!!

Kelly, I notice you use a collar vs a harness. Before Max my dogs were always medium in size and we always used collars. I started Max off with a collar.

During one of my first walks with Max I actually ran into the groomer I used when I had my ****er spaniel. Max started to gag and I mentioned how he seemed to do that quite a bit. Chris (the groomer) told me that I should be using a harness with Max. With the toy breeds, their trachea is much smaller & softer and the pressure from the collar, even if the pull just a little bit, causes it to collapse causing the dog to gag to open it up again. I checked with my vet and was told the same thing. I went right out and bought a harness and lo and behold Max stopped gagging during our walks.
    There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. ~Ben Williams

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Dogs have given us their absolute all. We are the center of their universe. We are the focus of their love and faith and trust. They serve us in return for s****s. It is without a doubt the best deal man has ever made. ~Roger Caras

Happiness is a warm puppy. ~Charles M. Schulz

You have a good eye!

He actually wears a harness (the one with pink butterflies) most of the time...but when I put his show lead on (to practice walking/stacking) he flipped out with something around his neck. SO....he is now wearing a collar full-time until he doesn't notice it anymore, LOL!!

Then...when I photographed him, I didn't want the visual distraction of the harness in his photos...but he had to wear something in case I had to make a grab for him (sister's fence has many holes in it).

My other Pap did the wheezing you describe - and what you say is spot on! They do better with a harness!! And I promise, that's what I use most of the time!!

Hugs! You are the best!!!

Oh he is just the sweetest little fella.

Great pictures!adorable.

Thanks, guys! I appreciate your compliments :-)

Today - it's back to reality/work.

I LOVE the photos!!! He really is a beautiful boy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast