Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Papillon Quirks

Papillon Quirks

What funny quirks does your Papillon have?

My male and female pap love each other and my male Lito loves to grab onto Belles tail. He does it all the time. He'll randomly walk up behind her and grab onto her tail and pull on it like he's playing tug-of-war. Sometimes she will be trying to walk and he will just be holding onto her tail and she will have to drag him along. I will have to get a picture of it, it's so hilarious.

Belle, our female, also does a very slow tongue movement if she licks something she thinks is gross. She will pull her tongue into her mouth while s****ing it on the top of her teeth, but in slow motion. Sometimes she will lick my face and then do it. You can tell she thinks we're gross. :P
    Papvilion Papillon Forum

Re: Papillon Quirks

We live in a co-op complex. It's a pretty large community. 1400 units and over 4000 residents We have 4 elevators the service the building and there is one elevator Max just refuses to get on. If this one elevator opens up he backs himself up against the opposite wall and looks at me with terror filled eyes! I've stopped even trying to get him on this one elevator, as if I do he just freaks while he's one it. So I always just sent it away and wait for the next one.

Not sure why this happens. It's been going on for so long now I don't even remember when it started. There's nothing I can think of that would have caused this reaction and I've spoken to my dog walker and he tells me nothing happened to Max on that elevator when he had him either. So I'm not sure if it's a scent, a vibration or what.

I noticed hotels are really scary for my dog Belle. It is so difficult if we don't get first floor and we have to end up carrying bags since she stops and refuses to walk past air conditioners. She also hates sewer grates (we found this out while attempting to take her to meet a friend at Rittenhouse Square in Philly).
    Papvilion Papillon Forum

I have to carry Tessa into elevators usually.

I'm not sure how much of a quirk it is but Tessa likes to get under blankets, sheets, and pillows when she plays. It drives Lizzie nuts because she is usually trying to sleep where Tessa is playing.

Quote Originally Posted by naql View Post
    I'm not sure how much of a quirk it is but Tessa likes to get under blankets, sheets, and pillows when she plays. It drives Lizzie nuts because she is usually trying to sleep where Tessa is playing.
    One of my puppies does that too!

My male loves to cuddle under the covers my female doesn't.

I have to wonder if it's me or if it's the dogs.. Does anyone really understand their dog? I've always understood big dogs I owned, but I don't understand my Paps.

My male is the most vocal character, he will make a sound for basically any interaction I have with him. He howls, makes funny little grunts and weird dog sounds whenever I touch him, he makes noises when he yawns. When I talk to him and ask him questions he'll shift his eyes all around and shake. We got him at 8 months old and he has always done this. I can't tell if he's scared or too excited to contain himself or he just shakes because he can't talk and that's the only way he can reply. It's a hilarious shake paired with shifty eye movements.

I also don't understand my giant female. I can't tell if she hates me or if she loves me. Does anyones Pap have these traits!? lol
    Papvilion Papillon Forum

I don't understand either of my dogs. Tessa is kissier and cuddlier than Lizzie almost to a point of being too much. Lizzie is aloof but will sit next to me. Lizzie likes to curl up in my arm when I go to bed and Tessa won't but when I wake up in the morning Tessa is with me and Lizzie is sleeping somewhere else.

My puppy Razz loves to sprawl out on his tummy and inch across the floor by pulling himself with his front paws, especially when I tap my fingers on the ground, it's so cute! I don't know why he does it but the breeder I got him from says its a pretty common trait in Paps, or at least in her line. He also loves putting his toys on his back when he sleeps, I noticed his sister used to lay across his back when they were playing, it was so funny, it almost looked like he was giving her a piggy-back ride, hahaha.

I've had similar experiences with past dogs when it comes to crossing any kind of surface with a hole or space between the floor surface that they have to go over. Kind'a like a cattle grate put on roads with an open grate that cattle won't go over. It's hysterical to watch this with a 110lbs male German Shepard who is brought to a state of panack about going through a door way with a 1" space in the threshold like I had. Does the elevator door way have a gap like this with an open space?

Chattles......I've had similar experiences with past dogs when it comes to crossing any kind of surface with a hole or space between the floor surface that they have to go over. Kind'a like a cattle grate put on roads with an open grate that cattle won't go over. It's hysterical to watch this with a 110lbs male German Shepard who is brought to a state of panack about going through a door way with a 1" space in the threshold like I had. Does the elevator door way have a gap like this with an open space?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast